Full course description
NPI’s Workforce Industry Training (WIT) program is for high school students who are interested in expanding their knowledge and understanding of careers in STEM. More specifically, the purpose of WIT is to mentor, encourage, and prepare students for STEM-rich programs at universities, two-year technical colleges, and technician certificate programs. By participating in WIT, students gain exposure to higher education and career opportunities through a series of funded field trips while building the confidence to consider further STEM education. This confidence comes from the knowledge and familiarity students gain from their WIT experiences.
WIT students can participate in activities such as:
- Enjoy mentoring activities by industry professionals.
- Visit STEM industries to gain awareness and develop preparation.
- Hear from and meet professional guest speakers.
- Take part in professional development activities.
- Visit universities and community colleges.
- Participate in community engagement and mentoring activities.